Acc-Sell Management 1020 Hovey SW Grand Rapids MI 49504 phone 616-458-8200
We are an equal opportunity housing provider.
This unit is a non-smoking unit. Nothing may be smoked in or grown at this unit except for common houseplants that are not
smoked. All lessees/tenants at this property must abide by the written agreements and any rules as published, provided or posted.
To ensure you are a ready, willing and able applicant:
- We will process incoming applications as follows:
- All complete applications received with an attached government issued photo ID, Application fee payment, and all co-tenant
applications will be processed on a parallel basis where all incoming applications are processed upon receipt and as applications
become qualified, each applicant will be notified. The remaining applicants will be notified and asked if they are interested in anything else. If they are interested in a different rental, we will continue to process the application to see if it qualifies for a different
unit, only after we have received written confirmation of the change of address, which may be done by email to email@example.com.
No refunds are given once initial application has been processed. . If your original property is still available, but you want to change the
address applied for, there is a $10 fee and that request must be in writing.
- Application fees - Must be submitted by cash (office has no change), money order or cashier's check. A check from an approved help agency may be acceptable. If the application is approved, the applicant must bring the Earnest Payment to Acc-Sell to
secure the property for themselves. The Earnest Payment will become the security deposit upon move in. No property will be held
more than 21 days off the market unless specified in writing on the earnest payment form, as in the case of a property currently
being occupied by a resident that is moving out at a later date. $10 fee to change the address you are applying for.
- Refunds will be given only if the rental application has NOT been processed or screened. We begin processing applications
within 24 business hours, however, some items may take longer to secure approval of the applicant. We aim for completion of processing within 5 business days.
- Each person over 18 years of age must complete a separate application. Children under the age of 18 must be listed on the application only, no social security number required for children. Those over the age of 18 that have a legal guardian living with them
are not required to apply. Current guardianship papers required in that situation.
- Criminal history. No occupants can have a conviction relating to “delivery, manufacturing or intent to deliver a controlled substance, or maintaining a drug house” or similar without submitting a “hold harmless” letter from the Grand Rapids City Attorney.
(which so far they have not agreed to do for anyone) No occupants can have a habitual criminal history of convictions in the past 7
years. The nature and severity of a conviction will be taken into consideration. Sexual offenders are responsible to verify with police or parole they can live in the unit they apply for before applying.
- Income verification. NET household monthly income for each leaseholder must be verifiable and a minimum of 2 (two) times the
monthly rent for at least the last six (6) months. Proof of income must be dated within the past 30 days from application. Section 8
vouchers are considered to be income towards this amount. Section 8 residents are solely responsible for determining Section 8
compatibility with the unit they are applying for. We will try to verify, but the applicant is ultimately responsible for verifying
- Two Years of Good rental history. If you do not have any successful rental history, a cosigner may be required to guarantee the
financial obligations of the lease. Housing references must be verifiable; family members and friends are not considered acceptable
references. Unsuccessful rental history includes, but is not limited to: evictions, disturbances or violent behavior, unauthorized pets,
pattern of late payments, damage to the residence, or money owed to past landlord.
- Any attempt to submit false information will result in automatic denial without exception.
- Good credit history. Bankruptcies must be dismissed and have 1 year of good credit history. All utility accounts must be current
for gas, electric and water. If you have a negative credit report, and we have no other objections, we may accept a co-signer or higher deposit to guarantee the financial obligations of the lease.
- Cosigners must prove net monthly income of 3 (three) times the monthly rent. Instate cosigners must have a minimum 650
Credit Score, out-of-state cosigners must have a minimum Credit Score of 700. The cosigner must be over the age of 18 and not a
cohabitant. The cosigner must complete a separate application, which must be notarized. If married, both spouses must sign the
cosigner app, provide proof of income and pay the application fee of $40.
- Many of our properties have different pet policies. If they are allowed, there will be a $350 refundable Deposit and an extra
$50 per rent per month per pet.
- Fees - Non-Refundable -- There is a onetime administrative paperwork fee of $100 due at the time of move-in.
- Renter's insurance. Proof of current renter's insurance will be required to avoid a $6 monthly non compliance fee.
- The rental application fee consists of the below charges. Applicant acknowledges that we may incur such costs which are reasonable and necessary to complete the screening and background check process.
Background checks done by Acc-Sell include Social security number check $10, criminal background check $20, eviction background check $20, landlord reference check $20, employment or income verification check $10, credit check by Am Rent/
Transunion $14, investigation of property ownership $50. Discounted to $40 per adult.
- Within thirty (30) days of receipt of a denial, the applicant may, if a person believes the City of Grand Rapids rental application
fee ordinance has been violated, complete and file a complaint form with the City of Grand Rapids Code Compliance Department,
1120 Monroe Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503.
- For assistance with Rental applications, call 2-1-1 Community Resource Hub or “Rent This Way” at 616-632-7972.
- This policy is subject to change without notice. Applications are only valid for 30 days from the date of submission. Revised 5/11/20